Making Money Online Ideas – A Few Ideas to get You to Take Action
I’ll bet many of us would like to be able to work from home making money online while doing it. Working from home might seem like a luxury to some of us.
Nevertheless it has become a necessity for many people. Making money online is not just a phrase you can ignore anymore.
5 Proven Ways to Make Money on Social Media (No Product Needed)
by Neil Patel
Published on Youtube on Apr 17, 2018
Snapchat, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter. You’re probably on all of them. Why not monetize and make money?
The economy is good right now (2018). However, the previous economic downturn a few years ago led to more creative ways to make money. Going online is a good way to make money. In general, you end up being your own boss.
Work from Home – some things to Consider to Make Money from Home
The big question is can one truly find a job this way? Not necessarily a job, but a way to make money from doing something online. The unquestionable answer is YES! The harder you work (assuming you actually do work) the more money you can make.
One easy way to make money online, from home or elsewhere, is by blogging. You’ll need a website to write about something you like. You can make money by selling products, your own or be an affiliate for others products. You could make money from ads you put on your site. Listen below to Neil Patel’s tips on this.
8 Steps to Making Your Blog Successful – Passive Income Online Blogging
by Neil Patel
Published on Youtube on May 30, 2017
If you want to make a passive income online blogging, then are 8 techniques that you must master. Are you tired of working on something you don’t love? Well, why not generate an income through blogging.
Many people would say no, but in a word – yes. It is possible to work from home and make money. People who are short of cash or need a second job would like this option. If one needs flexibility they can search for fresh cash infusions online.
- All online work or opportunities are not equal.
- Usually a work from home position requires less money to get started, more than a brick and mortar business.
- There are challenges associated with working from home. You must consider them as well as how to go about it.
- You need to be disciplined to spend the time required to make money online.
- You must be strong willed – many times family and friends will say “You can’t make money online” or “you’re wasting your time”.
- Do not be discouraged if you don’t make money right away.
- If one opportunity doesn’t work for you – try another one.
7 Making Money Online Ideas
- Create a Blog – Blogging is very popular and continues to grow in popularity. In under 60 minutes you can create a blog. There are all kinds of free blogging platforms. Choose a niche you like to work in and then start blogging. You can make money off your blog by selling affiliates’ products, placing Ad sense ads, selling your own things, and selling space for advertising. It takes time for you to build a following so you will need to be patient maybe for up to a year.
- Domain Selling – Basically you sell domain registrations for the big domain registration websites. Sites like TuCows make it easy for you to create your own private label domain registration. You are paid for the initial sale and for renewals. Such sites can also sell related website services like hosting and services to hide the domain owner.
- Begin a Podcast – This is the equivalent to video or voice blogging. Make sure you are talking about topics that are of interest so that you can draw in an audience. Once you have a good size audience following you, then you can make money off your podcast through ads. A great way to make some money.
What is a Podcast? A Simple Explanation of Podcasting for 2018
by Colin Gray
Published on Youtube on Nov 10, 2015
What is a Podcast? This covers the difference between audio files and podcasts, and the distinction between episodes and series.
- Answer Questions (for pay) – Every one of us has expertise in something and that means you can be an expert. Find your ‘something,’ your area of expertise and use what you know to offer answers. That along with advice to others who are not familiar with your area of expertise. Answer on a paid site and you can make money.
- Amazon Mechanical Turk –
This is one of the largest micro freelancing websites out there with millions of people around the world earning extra money by doing simple tasks that machines or computers cannot do. This could be as simple as differentiating text and pictures, transcribing an audio file, or rewriting a sentence. While tasks don’t often pay a lot, it’s a good option to earn some extra money whenever you have a few extra hours.
- Flip Domain Names – Domain names are as valuable as real estate. Well, actually, they are online real estate. Some people have figured out a way to make a very nice income buying and selling domain names. Use Google Adwords to find trending keywords and then use that information to choose domains to flip. Short, straightforward domains are pretty must all taken, so you will likely have to settle for acronyms, initials, made-up words, etc. Tacolaria.com is an example of a made-up word that would be excellent for a business selling tacos. Be creative when you are trying to buy domain names. Even if the main keyword isn’t available you can work off of that keyword and incorporate it with other words.
- CPA marketing – Cost Per Action or CPA marketing is much easier to make money on than affiliate marketing. As long as the person clicks the link and goes to the merchant’s site and carries out the action required. Actions such as signing up for their newsletter or filling out a form and you will earn your commission. Most times there is no need to generate a sale in order to earn commission. What makes CPA marketing so lucrative? No money has to be spent for you to earn money and that makes it very attractive.
Avoid Being Conned or a Mark
Don’t know what a “mark” is? It is a target for scammers. There are so many scammers online. They make money by preying on desperate people and people looking to make money online. When people need money badly lots of moneymaking opportunities may seem reasonable.
Unfortunately, scammers only serve to strip you of your hard-earned money. Just don’t fall for their scheme. That’s easier said than done, however. When someone is desperate for money situations even too good to be true can sound reasonable.
Don’t be sucked in by fantastic opportunities that sound to good to be true.
Here are three things to watch out for when looking for Opportunities. That is, legitimate work from home positions.
- Avoid requests for money – Any opportunity that asks for you to pay them for the privilege is a waste of time. Once you give them the money, they send you information about possible jobs or simply tell you what you already know. But, there is no job waiting for you.
- Avoid anything involving get rich quick – If there was a way to make thousands of dollars a week stuffing envelopes, everyone would be doing it.
- Consider the source of the information – If it’s just a phone number with no other kind of contact, that’s very suspicious. Besides, who would pay that type of money for that kind of work? Think realistically before taking the plunge or responding.
What do you like to do?
It may takes some thinking about what you can do or like doing. Actually many “ordinary” people are not ordinary, but smart entrepreneurs or business people. You can read stories about them or hear of their successes. You could be one of them too if you pursue it.
Yes something like selling your homemade wares could be something you could do. Maybe you could make good money doing it too. Here’s two examples of some simple things I did to make a few bucks. When fiverr first started I set up a gig to advertise a page for a business or even just a message for a friend. I charged $5 (it is usually higher now, and created a gig on fiverr. I no longer do it, but here is a dedication to a person one of those gigs. Here is another dedication to a company.
The other was based on the fact that a $2 bill is fairly rare. Even more rare now in 2018. I figured people in other countries might want such a bill as a souvenir. So I had a gig selling $2 bills of U.S. money. It was just an idea I had in passing. It cost me $2.00 + about a dollar or less in postage. So I would make about $2.00 profit from each gig.
One Example of People Making Money from Home
Lets start with me. Among many things, I sell domains. These are the names and addresses of websites on the web or internet. For example the name of this site “Yolky.”
It started back in 2004. I bought the name yolky.com back in July 2004.
I liked the name because it was short and was related to eggs. OK I didn’t sell it, but nevertheless have made a bit of money from it by ads on this website. However, that is just a side benefit. It is used as my blog where I can express whatever I want (within reason). I also have links to other articles on the web and to my own site. Those links are a small way that can lead to making money online.
Fast forward to mid April 2018. Another example happened two days ago. I use a service that allows me to list domains of mine for sale.
I list some of my 100+ domains for sale. That site sent me an email indicating someone might buy one of my domain names. No sooner than I read that email I received a message from PayPal that they already paid for it. Wow! What an easy way to make money. It wasn’t a lot, but that sale paid for a few products I had just bought for my upcoming site on online learning. It’s not up yet, but hopefully will be soon.
Take a Hint from this Offline Idea
My mom, who passed away in 2002, made all sorts of handicrafts from our home. She was always doing handicrafts and making other things in her spare time.
One of the things she did, which I also used to do, is paint. My mom painted mostly using acrylics. She also did pencil or ink paintings too. She lived in Pasadena and every year they had an exhibit of artists paintings. She had many paintings there for sale.
It’s 2018 now, but the opportunities are much greater with the internet booming with places you could sell paintings. Think of Amazon.
If you want to go physical you can still do what my mom did back then way before 2002. She had some of her custom garments she knitted or crocheted for sale in women’s boutiques. Mostly they were in Beverly Hills, Westwood, Los Angeles, and other exclusive areas of Southern California.
So if you have a hobby and make things, create handicrafts or many other things that people might want to own consider selling them online. Many, if not most physical things can be sold online these days.
An even easier way to make money that’s related, is to become an affiliate of places or stores and promote the items you like. As an affiliate all you really have to do is promote other peoples or companies products.
Thinking outside the box can lead to many other ways of using the internet for making money online ideas.
More Work from Home or Online Ideas
It is possible to find ways to work from home and make money. Just be cautious, for scams. If it sounds too good to be true, beware. Some work from home ideas involve physical work plus online work. That might be retail arbitrage such as buying products on sale and selling them through sites like Amazon. Some people make a good living this.
I’m mentioning affiliate marketing again because I think this is one of, if not the easiest and less costly ways of making money online.
- Affiliate marketing – Profit is made by promoting the products or services of others and earning a commission.
- Service provider – Profit is made by providing a service. For example, virtual assistants provide administrative services online.
- Craigslist – Look for free items in the free section and then turn around and sell them for a profit either online or off line.
- Sell on eBay – Everyone can sell on eBay. It’s a great place to start an online business if you have the right product to offer.
- Designing Logos – Most websites want a logo. Every day thousands of blogs and websites come to life. There is an opportunity to make money if you are good at designing logos. There are lots of free or cheap software packages available for you to design in. See the duck logo on this home page that I had made using fiverr.
- Translate Documents – Bilingual services are in high demand. If you have a second language you can make money. Promote yourself through freelancing websites or using classified ad websites to find clients who need translation work done.
- Take Online Surveys – There is certainly no shortage of online survey sites and you can give your opinions while earning money. You can find a job by visiting sites like OneOpinion or GlobalTestMarket.com. You earn points and rewards for taking a wide range of opinion surveys.
- Transcribe Audio – More websites are beginning to offer written transcriptions for those that are hearing impaired, which makes that transcriber’s job in demand. While it doesn’t always pay a lot, it also doesn’t require a lot of work or commitment from you. Check sites like Upwork or Guru for these types of jobs.
- Create & Sell E-Books – You can write an e-book (even me) on any topic you want. If you have expertise in an area that’s often a good place to start. E-books sell for many different price points ranging from a few dollars to $97 or even more. Take the time to create a good e-book. Don’t over think it. Choose topics that can provide readers with specific knowledge like how to crochet baby clothes and sell them on Etsy and Shopify. If you aren’t a writer and you want to write an e-book, you can always hire a freelance writer to ghostwrite the ebook for you. You may even be able to sell your ebook on Amazon’s Kindle
Do you have any ideas of how to make money working from home?